Thursday, May 5, 2011

I DID IT!


www.toostinkincutescrapping.com

I FINALLY created a website after much frustration. I am really proud of myself that I overcame that obstacle. Maybe to some of you out there it may seem like an easy task, but to me it was more of a challenge then I expected... glad that is over with! It may not be the best website in the world, but for now it definitely works! I am excited to see if the website brings in any more money.
To be completely honest, which I am trying to do in this blog, I have not sold anything yet. As you can see on my Etsy page, I opened up shop on April 5, 2011. I figure that I need to give myself more than just a month before I become disappointed. I have read on many websites that it takes about 6 months to a year for a small business that is built solely online to actually get going. I really hope that it doesn't take that long, but I am willing to wait if I eventually get to make this my career. I would get to do the thing that I love to do for the rest of my life.
I cant tell people how happy scrapbooking makes me. I think that it is because it is something that I used to share with my mom. For those of you out there who don't know, I lost my mom on March 1, 2006. It hit me and my family really hard, which is expected. I think that I try to hold on and cherish the memories of her and scrapbooking is one way that my mom lives on. I know that she would be happy that I am actually trying to get this business going.

1 comment:

  1. Your mom would be extremely proud of you! I am proud of you! This is something you love. Going to store and just seeing how excited you get over finding the perfect card stock or embellishment is amazing! Its makes me want to work hard on my daughters scrapbook so she can enjoy memories as much as you do. :) Keep work hard Hollywood!

    ReplyDelete